CALLIDE DAWSON FUNERALS
07 4992 2332
BOYNE TANNUM FUNERALS
07 4973 2002
To help you through this difficult time
No one person suffers from grief in the same way. Its effects are often subtle and unavoidable, and it can cause any form of mental, physical, social, or emotional reaction. It is a process that requires substantial emotional and physical effort, and the grieving – and healing – process can take much time.
In this section, we have provided a list of useful online resources to help you understand the true nature of grief, and to help you cope with it better.
Useful links on Coping with Grief
- Books on Grief
- Grief Line
- Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement Services
- Australian Funeral Directors Association
- Blue Care
- Beyond Blue
- Queensland Health
- Kids Help Line – Phone 1800 551 800. Kids Help Line is Australia’s only free, confidential and anonymous, 24 hour telephone counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 18. Website counselling also available during specified times (after school hours and Saturdays).
- Grief Link – The GriefLink website provides information on many aspects of death-related grief. It includes information about: 26 different grief topics; books and videos; services and supports in South Australia; links to other relevant sites and services; and a quiz.
- Lifeline – Phone 13 11 14
- Australian Taxation Office – Notification of a deceased person
- Banana Shire Council cemeteries – Banana Shire Council Cemetery information
- Australian Department of Human Services – What to do following a death?
- Queensland Police
- Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Australian Funeral Directors’ Association
- What is Palliative Care?
Take comfort in our care.
Proudly serving Biloela, Moura, Theodore, Baralaba, Goovigen, Jambin, Boyne Island, Tannum Sands, Rockhampton, Gladstone and Central Queensland